I bought a sewing machine from my sister (it was still in the box)!! I've wanted one for a while, but didn't want to spend a lot, not knowing how much time I would actually spend using it. She gave me the family discount, so I jumped on it! :) I've had little odds and ends around the house I needed a sewing machine to fix for a while now. First, I hemmed some curtains that I had cut off and tried to hide the bottom! Then, I fixed a dress of mine that the straps had broke. Finally, I made Emily a pillowcase dress! I figured this would be an easy project to start with. I didn't have a pattern, so I used an old pillowcase dress she has and made it a little longer and wider. I can say I was pretty impressed with myself. I really didn't think I could do it and it turned out ok. The armholes were the hardest part! What do you think?
0 comments:
Post a Comment