Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Papa's Purple Heart

Emily and I took Steve to the MARTA yesterday morning so he could go to the airport. He was flying to Fayetteville for his dad's Purple Heart presentation that was at 5:00 tonight. He has been fighting to receive his Purple Heart for 43 years. It is much deserved and we are very proud of him.

Late last night I wrote on the fb wall of channel 40/29. They had asked what was going on tomorrow and did anyone have a good idea for a story. I wrote about Henry receiving the Purple Heart and one of the reporters immediately emailed me back. She asked if they could go to the house when he received it. I called Steve and made sure it was ok before I wrote back. I requested they put the story online so all of his family and friends outside the NWA area could see it.

0 comments:

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Every Woman digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs